Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Birthday haul!!

I've been gone for about a week or so. I had my 21st birthday on the 29th! So my family and I went out to dinner and did a little bit of shopping. We went to Potomac Mills in Woodbridge, VA, which is a huuuuge mall, that happened to have a CCO!

I had never been to a CCO before, but I knew that they sell discontinued MAC stuff for a discount so I headed straight back there. I don't have a MAC store near me, or even a MAC counter, so it was really awesome to have some of their stuff that I missed right in front of me. I picked up two eyeshadows. The one on the left is Banshee, which is a rosey brown with silver glitter. It works really nicely as a crease color or on the lid for a subtle look. Then I got Nanogold, which looks like a peachy beige, but actually has a pink shimmer to it. Both are lustre finishes, so they are a bit sheer. They were $10.25.

Then I picked up Reflects Transparent Teal Glitter. Ever since I got my pigment/glitter samples a few months ago, I've been on a glitter kick. This glitter is BEAUTIFUL! It's a bit messy, but I've been using it for all sorts of things lately. I used it on my eyes (MAC says not to use these on the eye area, but I've been very careful with it so far) over eyeshadow, on my cheekbones for a highlight that is a little different from my normal pink or gold, and I even tapped it over my nail polish as it was drying so I have a gorgeous duo-chrome manicure. I got the glitter in the old packaging, and it was $11.50.

Then today I went to Sephora and I picked up Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Skinny Jeans. I've been eyeing this product for quite some time. I have been trying to make my NYX Jumbo Pencils to work as a base for my eyeshadows, but I just cant keep it from creasing. I've heard that these stay put all day, and this one is one of their best sellers. It's such a complex shade! The photo just doesn't do it justice. It looks taupe in the jar, and then grey in the swatch, and in person there are flex of olive and gold throughout. I can imagine that no matter what colors I'm using, this shade will make anything pop! I can't wait to do a smokey eye with this.

I'll try to use these in a look sometime soon. I still need to do my favorites (six days in to the new month, naughty!) so that will be coming up as well <3

I've been playing :). These are all over Benefit Skinny Jeans
Left to right: Smut, Blue Brown Pigment, Reflects Antique Gold, and Reflects Transparent Teal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...