Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ELF Haul 6.15.11

I hope you all have been doing well! This is actually a couple of days late, because I had to be put Photoshop back on to my computer. I really excited for this haul, because I picked up a bunch of stuff from ELF that are brand new to their line of products, as well as one that has been out for a while, but I still hadn't tried it.

First, I bought one or their Studio blushes, which I had never actually tried before. I got the one in Peachy Keen, which a peach color with a slight sheen. I got this one because I wanted to find a shade that would  warm up my skin when I don't feel like using pink. This is a really pretty summery shade.

Next I got two of their new Glitter Glosses. I got the ones in Glam Guava and Crystal Cranberry. Glam Guava was actually sent to me by mistake. I ordered Twinkle Pink, and I sent them an email asking them if something happened. I'm not going to make a big fuss about it, because Glam Guava is a really pretty shade anyway. It's a nice medium peachy pink with gold glitter. The color reminds me of Nymphette by MAC, but Nymphette is a little more peachy and it has shimmer, rather than glitter. Crystal Cranberry is a reddish magenta. These are fairly pigmented, but they don't last very long. You can also feel the glitter on your lips a bit, so if that bugs you, I would skip these. I'm not bothered by it, and I'll probably check out some more shades of these. They also released "Glossy Glosses" right after I had already made my order, (go figure, right?) which are supposed to be like these, but with no glitter. Those might be worth a try.

I bought their Radiance Enhancers in Sunrise and Golden. I've been seeing more and more of their click up highlighting products. Just about every brand has their own version. ELF has three shades. I didn't get the one called Spotlight, because it looked like a pale pink and I already have one like that. Sunrise is a medium beige color. It is a LOT darker than I thought it would be. I thought it would be more pale, so that is a little disappointing, because I don't think it works with my skin tone. Golden is exactly that: a shimmery gold. It's really really pretty. It suits my skin better than Sunrise does. The consistency of these are thicker than my beloved Nars Illuminator. It is nicely pigmented, so a little goes a long way with these.

The thing I think I was most excited about was the new Smudge brush from their Essentials line. ELF has had a "Smudge Sponge" on their site for a long time, but I never got it because I wasn't about to buy something that I normally throw away. I've been back and forth about getting the Sigma version of this, but when I saw that ELF had finally made a $1 dupe for it, I snatched it up. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I do imagine that it's not quite as dense as the Sigma or the MAC versions of this brush. But it's good enough for me, and I'm really liking the results I get from using this. I use it to smudge liner and shadow on the lower lash line.

Let me know if you've tried any of these or if you think you might pick some of these up!

1 comment:

  1. I love e.l.f. great review :)

    Please checkout my cute Forever21 tools & accessories giveaway ! It's my first giveaway :)

    www.happykikay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...