Friday, February 25, 2011

HAUL: ELF

I ordered some nail polishes from ELF last week. I've always really liked their nail polish formula, and they are super cheap, at $1 per bottle. They have released some newer polishes that I've wanted to try for a while. I also picked up a pair of lashes and a new eyelash curler (mine is pretty worn out).

Now, I had bought 8 polishes, actually. I had bought Light Red, but when I opened the package I saw that the Light Red polish had shattered during shipping, and there was red polish EVERYWHERE. It looked a little disturbing, actually. All the other polishes were fine, though, so I just cleaned off the bottles. Since it was only a dollar, I'm not going to sweat it too much. I'll probably email them or something. Plus I can probably find that particular polish at Target. The only thing that confuses me is that normally, ELF packages their polishes in boxes. This time only two of them were in a box, and the rest were just thrown into the bag. Weird.

Here are some pictures and swatches. I only painted my index, middle, and ring fingers, and the ring fingers have a coat of the Matte Finisher over top of them.


I bought the Matte Finisher Top Coat, which I have been really curious about since they released it, and I am so happy I picked that one up. Innocent is the perfect nude shade for me, and Desert Haze is more like a light taupe color. Innocent and Desert Haze are very similar, in that they are both light shades that need about 3 coats to be completely opaque. (For the Innocent swatch, the matte coat is on the middle finger, because I was going to put Golden Goddess over the ring finger and didn't want to redo it.)


Golden Goddess is a nearly clear polish with both fine and chunky glitter. It's great over other polishes and used as an accent nail. The swatch has three coats, and that is about as opaque as it's going to get when used alone. Blush is a bronze frosty color. I was expecting this to be either a pink or a more champagne color, but no. It's bronze, and that typically doesn't look good on me. But I'm sure I'll use it eventually.



Party Purple is a dark purple with a lot of purple glitter. The first coat can be a little light, but you can definitely build it up to be as dark as it is in the bottle. Metal Madness is this awesome dark grey with multicolored glitter. It's completely opaque with one coat. I actually love using the Matte Finisher over this. It looks like OPI Suzi Skis.

I did end up doing a full manicure on myself, which I am enjoying. I used three coats of Innocent on all of my nail, and on the ring fingers I used Golden Goddess. Then I went over all of them with the Matte Finisher.




1 comment:

  1. OMG, what a wonderful selection of nail polishes, honey!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...