Saturday, February 12, 2011

Haul 02.12.11

This is just another mini haul. I went to Target tonight on a mission to look for a new curling iron. If you have seen my holy grail list, you'll see that I have the Instyler listed as my favorite styling tool, and while I like the finished product when I use the Instyler, actually using it is a pain in the butt. Straightening is super easy, but if I want to curl my hair, I have to wrap my hair around the barrel and I'm always afraid I'm going to burn myself. Plus I'm never able to run through my ends and they look all frazzled. So I wanted to get something a little more straight forward.

I decided on a Conair Tourmaline Ceramic 1 1/4 inch Curling Iron. I used it when I got home, and I like it so far. It took me a bit of time to get the used to the technique, because I've not used this type of iron in a while. It took about the same about of time as it does with the Instyler, but I think now that I know how to use it, this will be a much quicker way to curl my hair.

I also picked up a bottle of Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray. I've been through 2 bottles of this heat protectant and I really like it. What I like is that it protects you hair against the heat from the blow dryer as well as a flat iron or curling iron. Then I picked up a tube of Clean and Clear Finishes Moisturizer. My favorite moisturizer of all time is the Clean and Clear Soft, both the Day and Night ones. But that line was discontinued, which is a shame because I really like the products from this line. However they came out with the Finishes line and the moisturizer is the same exact formula as the Soft ones. The only downside is the tube is just over 1/4 the amount of product as before, but at the same price. Lame.

Here's a quick picture of what my hair looked like after using my new curling iron:

Tiny update: changed the background a bit. Still playing with the styling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...