Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Opps! 30 Day challenge catch up

Yeah, I'm kind of failing at this 30 Day challenge. I lost my memory card, which you all know. It just vanished. I've looked everywhere for it and I have no idea where it could possibly be. I finally borrowed my brother's, but it's much smaller in capacity and I can only keep 4 pictures on my camera at a time. LAME. On top of that, about an hour or two ago, I found out that my monitor on my Macbook will not turn on, so I need to take it to Geek Squad or something because I don't have a Mac store near me. Until I get it fixed, I am using my dad's computer, which is a PC and I am having just a merry time trying to adjust back to this OS.

But, I will TRY to catch up on my posts. So let's get to it:

Post picture of your makeup collection.

I am going to also post these on my Flickr account so I can add annotation for what everything is.





Favorite Makeup brush?

This one is sort of difficult because I have a few favorites that are used for completely different reasons. If I had to narrow it down to a face and an eye brush I would have to say my F80 for foundation and my E25 for eyeshadow contouring. Both are Sigma brushes and have made my makeup application so much easier since I have started using them.


Do you like wearing bronzer?

For the most part, yes I do. I have very fair skin so I like to use a bronzer to achieve a nice all over glow, as well as contour my cheekbones. I have been using my Nars Laguna Bronzer since last June and I love it.

Favorite Mascara?

I really liked using the Covergirl Lashblast Volume mascara. I picked up something different since that one ran out because I had heard good things about the Maybelline One by One mascara, and wanted to mix it up. But for those looking for a great drugstore mascara, I would suggest Covergirl.

Where do you keep your makeup?

I store my makeup on my desk in a white plastic 3-set of drawers. It's kind of a mess but it serves it's purpose.


Favorite Makeup gurus?
 
As I said before, I learned pretty much everything I know about makeup from watching Beauty gurus on Youtube. I watch about 30 or so, but I do have a few all time favorites:
  1. Marlena, from MakeupGeekTV: She was the first guru I started watching and she's still my all time favorite. She's just delightful! I'm always learning great things from her and she has such a positive attitude. Love her!
  2. Emily, from emilynoel83: She comes up with the most innovative ideas on Youtube. She always has some new series or a really fun video to keep her viewers interested, and she's so well spoken and gives some of the most informative reviews you're going to find.
  3. Tiffany, from MakeupbyTiffanyD: Of all the gurus I watch, she comes up with the most looks that I would try on myself. And I think she's really funny, even though she's doesn't have to try very hard.
  4. Leesha, from xsparkage: She's really fun and bubbly and is not afraid to do bright and bold looks.
  5. Jarmaine, from JlovesMac1: This woman is bonkers. She's absolutely hilarious and so fun to watch. I always love the looks she comes up with too.
Do you wear blush?

Yes! I have to, or else I look dead. I don't have a lot of blushes, which is weird, I know, but I don't like to buy 20 variations of the same product and then not touch most of them. I usually go back and forth between my MAC Pinch o' Peach, and my Nars Orgasm.

Do you copy an of the celebrity's makeup?

I don't normally. Sometimes I find a celebrity inspired tutorial that I want to try, but other than that, it's not something I strive for.

Who is your favorite makeup artist?

I don't really know of any editorial makeup artists, so I am going to say Marlena again. She really does amazing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...