Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review: John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight

In my monthly favorites, I included the John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray. I have naturally wavy hair, and when I do straighten it, I find that I need to touch it up everyday until I wash it again. I bought this because I don't mind taking an extra step while styling my hair if it means not having to redo it later. I'm really satisfied with the results I've had with this product, because it actually does what it promises.

Here is what the John Frieda website claims this product does:
Weightless spray with heat protection blocks out frizz as you straighten. Proprietary blend of polymers with keratin protein wraps each strand, sealing in straight styles for up to 3 days.* Keeps hair glossy, smooth, and swinging with body.

*or until next shampoo if less than 3 days
The directions say that you are suppose to spray onto DAMP hair, not dry, 7-15 times, then comb through. Blow dry and then flat iron your hair to seal in the product.

Here are my results after 3 days:

Forgive the dirty mirror
 I do have a few recommendation when it comes to this product:
  1. I wouldn't bother using this product if you are someone who washes their hair everyday, because that sort of defeats the purpose. However if you do find that your hair is hard to work with while flat ironing it, then maybe this will help.
  2. This spray does have built in heat protection, so I would not use this with any additional heat protection. I normally use Tresemme Heat Tamer spray, but I ran out of it and tried using the Generic's version of the CHI Iron Guard with this. My hair felt AWFUL when I was done straightening it. It felt sticky and dirty and I felt like I needed to wash my hair again. GROSS. If you still want to use a heat protectant, focus it more towards the ends of your hair.
  3. If your hair tends to be a bit oily, or if you like to have a bit more volume at the roots, I suggest spraying this more towards the middle and ends of your hair and avoiding the top of your head. I found that I did need to use a tiny bit of dry shampoo to keep my hair from looking too dirty.
So I really love this product and that it makes straightening my hair a lot easier.

1 comment:

  1. the results are great! I think I might try this, as my hair is so thick, wavy and frizzy that I almost look as if i have a lions mane/afro! So it's either give this a go, or buy a 'fro comb :D

    http://pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...