Thursday, April 7, 2011

Monthly Favorites: March 2011

It's a little late, but better late than never. Hopefully this month I wont be as lazy when it comes to posting

Last month I included the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer and highlighter duo in my monthly favorites, even though I had only just purchased it. I'm happy to say that it has worked really well for my this past month. I posted a better review for it a few posts back, so go check that out. My only complaint is that the concealer end runs out of product much quicker than the highlighter. Whenever I use it, it doesn't look like their much left in the container. But, since I've had good luck with this product I might have to check out some more of Maybelline's concealers. I've heard great things about their Mineral Power line. I've been using the NYX 10 Color Eye Shadow Palette in Champagne and Caviar a lot when I just want a neutral look. I used this palette for my makeup look I'm wearing today, which you can see in the post beneath this one. I bought the Rimmel Soft Kohl eyeliner a long time ago and have only just recently started using it regularly. It's great for days where I don't want to take the time to carefully draw on cream or liquid liner. I just run it quickly over my lash line and smooth it out with my Studio Tools Angled liner brush. I got this Urban Decay Lip Junkie lipgloss sample as my 100 point gift from Sephora, and I really like it. It's one of the more comfortable lip plumping glosses I've used because it's not too overpowering. The color looks kind of dark in the tube, but it's actually a very flattering shade. It's kind of like a "my lips but better" shade.

I was feeling kind of bored with my nails, and frustrated that I could never get them into the shape  that I wanted. So I picked up this at home Acrylic Nail Kit from Kiss, and I was really pleased with the results. First I used the white french tips included in the kit, and then after a few weeks I replaced them with the clear tips and painted over them. I still have a lot of the product left, but I ran out of the acrylic liquid. It takes a bit of patience, but it was really fun while it lasted, and I'd definitely consider picking this up again. I picked up the John Frieda 3-Day Straight spray because I had heard that it helps to keep naturally wavy/curly hair straight and frizz free. I can definitely say that it does exactly what it claims. I'm going to do a more in depth review soon, and I'll be sure to include before and after pictures.

I have been using this perfume called Laila a lot this past month. It's a Norwegian brand that I purchased while I was working in Disney World because they sell it at their Norway pavillion in the World Showcase. It's this lovely clean linen fragrance and has a bit of a floral scent. The notes are listed as watermelon, lavender, Norwegian lily, snowflower, herbs, flowers and musk.It's really pleasant and I've really been loving it..Finally, for my weird choice, I have been listening to Eisley's new album The Valley just about everyday this month. It's amazing! If you are interested in folk rock music, definitely check this band out. They're all really talented.

What have your favorites this past month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...